It’s almost impossible to protect your kids from colds and flu over the winter months. Especially if they’re at daycare and sharing around the snotty-nosed love.
It’s never fun to have little kids suffering a cold, especially the under-twos who don’t have a pillow to help elevate their heads at night, and who don’t yet know how to blow their nose effectively (my 18-month-old does try to blow her nose, ‘try’ being the operative word!). Night time coughing and sleepless nights can also be a challenge, as is finding effective cold and flu remedies for infants. What’s safe? What’s not?
That’s where Vicks comes in.
I still remember my mum rubbing Vicks VapoRub onto my chest at bedtime when I was little. Maybe that’s why whenever I use Vicks on my kids its always one of those special moments where I really feel like I’m a mum.
Do you ever have any of those sort of defining ‘mum moments’? For me it’s using Vicks and being on canteen duty at school.
Vicks Steam Vaporizer is a great option for unwell kids. It provides a safe, gentle and natural way to provide all-night relief from the symptoms of cold and flu.
How it works:
- The vaporizer safely boils water and emits a warm, pure vapour into the air.
- The warm, moist droplets of steam help clear nasal passages and soothes dry, irritated coughs naturally.
- Adding Vicks Vaposteam to the water helps to further increase the vaporizer’s effectiveness. With a unique blend of fragrant essential oils (peppermint and eucalyptus), Vaposteam penetrates the nasal passages to help comfort and soothe.
- Just ‘set and forget’ for up to 12-14 hours.
- Keeping the respiratory system moist allows it to fight off bacteria, viruses and pollutants.
The vaporiser is very easy to assemble and use – my 8-year-old out it together under my supervision. It is also quick to get started and while it isn’t silent, the consistent, gentle gurgle is quite comforting.
Is it safe?
- Vicks Vaporizer is safe for the whole family to use, even infants under the age of two.
- It features advanced safety features including 25 per cent cooler steam for added peace of mind and automatic shut-off
- A safety night-light shows when the vaporizer is switched on and also makes it easier to locate in a dark room.
- A built-in thermostat prevents the unit from overheating while the exclusive safeguard double wall construction makes the outer case cool to the touch.
Where can I get one?
- Vicks Vaporizer is available at most major and independent pharmacies, Priceline and Big W.
- For stockists and info, phone 1800 655 841 or visit fgb.com.au.
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your doctor.
What’s something special you do for your kids that your mum used to do for you?