And here we go! Her Collective 2.0!
There’s something about hitting your 40s. It frees most of your 20s hangups, nudges you ever so wisely to apply the lessons in your 30s. And just enjoy life.
I love this decade of my life. I feel healthier, fitter and sexier.=) Have I mentioned how I found my running legs at age 40? How I ticked half marathon running and full marathon running off my bucket list at 42?! I know!
And that’s exactly how we want Her Collective to feel when you read her. That you can still rock it as you gracefully enter The Wonderful World of Middle Age. Because why the heck not?!
Oh, we’ve refreshed the categories too and TOP priority is Having Fun. Of course! Here they are again. Enjoy!
- Have Fun: Can you remember life before kids? Here’s your chance to escape the everyday for just a little while. Be it a moment’s indulgence, reading some great chick lit or having a romantic night in, we’ll bring you the best ideas for taking time out from the everyday, to have some grown-up fun, reclaim your mojo and get your groove on.
- Be Fabulous: As a mum you spend so much time looking after your children you often forget to look after yourself, and lose sight of your own passions. Here we will share hints and tips on making the most of your kid-free time, rediscovering what it means to be you and being the absolute best version of yourself.
- Her Wellbeing: Motherhood is a 24/7 job. And when you dedicate every day (and most of your energy) to looking after a busy family it becomes even more important to take care of you so you have the energy to be the person that you want to be. Here we are sharing tips on improving your wellbeing, from eating well to fitness tips for busy mums.
- Life Happens: There’s nothing wrong with craving a little me time. You may feel overwhelmed with daily life, or feel like you’ve lost a bit of yourself since having kids. Our aim in this section is to offer a whole range of content to help you get back on track no matter what life throws at you.
- Happy Family: Being a parent is the best job in the world. Although sometimes it can be quite daunting. In this section, we have a whole range of content to help you look after your growing family – from toddlers to teens, baby bundles to Tweens. This will include parenting insights, family stories and loads of handy tips on caring for all the little (and not so little) people in your life. With ideas for creating fun family memories thrown in too.
- Glorious Food: Do you struggle to come up with meal ideas that the kids will actually eat? Here we are sharing simple ideas for school lunchboxes and family dinners, as well as tips on getting more fruit and veggies in your diet.
- Her Getaways: There’s nothing like spending quality time with your kids so we’ll also explore a whole range of fun and practical things that the whole family can do together – from family holidays to our favourite ideas for big days out.
- Her Home: Struggling to control the chaos now you’ve got kids? Is your home less ‘Home Beautiful’ and more ‘Toy Explosion’ than you would like? You’re definitely not alone. And who could blame you? In this section, we’ll be sharing tips and inspiration on home central stuff like keeping on top of the housework, the fine art of decluttering, home decorating, DIY and much more.
- News & Interviews: Here at Her Collective, we love interviewing fabulous women, and sharing their insights and ideas, from Tracey Spicer to the Aussie mum travelling to Mars for good. We’re also sharing interesting news on the things that matter most to mums.
- Her Finds: There’s nothing like having someone else do all the hard work for you, and that’s what this section is all about. We’ll be posting reviews of the things we like, and the things that make life a little easier and a little lovelier. Everything we post about here will be road-tested by us, so you’ll be getting real insight from real mums. And sometimes real kids too. We’ve got nine of them between us, aged from two up to 20.
What do you think? Thoughts? Opinions? Or just send me BIG squishy e-Hugs. Happy to get those anytime of the day.